December 24, 2012

Hello All,

This last week has been a really great week. I have a companion who really wants to work and we have been working our butts off trying to find people to teach. With Elder Sio, this is the hardest I have worked my whole mission. Elder Sio is my new companion. He is 28 years old and is Samoan, he was born and raised in Sydney. But he is a work horse and we have been working super hard. We taught 12 lessons compared to the usual 5 i had with Elder Kay and we got 4 new investigators this week when we were lucky to get one. It definitely makes a difference having a companion that wants to work just as hard as I do. We are still on the bikes until after the new year and I have started to lose quite a bit of weight. I am hoping to get back down to the weight I left home. Anyways. The work is going great

We got a new investigator we started to teach and his name is Donny. He is a Philipino man and he said he needs to start doing something new in his life and he thinks the gospel might be that thing. We taught him 2 lessons during this week but he was not able to come to church, so hopefully he will be able to come next week.

We also started to teach a 7th Day Adventist family. They are confused people. But we made the agreement with them that if we come to their worship services on Saturday, then they will come to ours on Sunday. Basically what 7th Day Adventist believe is that in the Old Testament God made the Sabbath day the 7th Day. But when Jesus Christ was resurrected on the first day, he said to worship him and have the sabbath on the first day. So basically what they believe is that Jesus Christ cant change the day that we worship him. Jesus said to worship him on the First day, but they 7th Day Adventists say that they don't believe that Jesus Christ could change the Sabbath Day. They are really knowledgeable about the Bible. We are teaching them about the Book of Mormon and we are hoping that it might go somewhere.

We also found some Lost Less Active people. Since there are 600 people on our branch list where only 150 people are active we decided to start visiting some of these people and we are now working with a couple of them to see if we can get them to come back to church. I am excited for one of the families we started to work with because it is a part member and the kids are thinking about being baptized. So we aren't going to be meeting with them again until the new year, but I am quite excited to see where it goes.

I am excited to talk to my parents on Christmas tomorrow! I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson