June 18,2012

Hello all,


I have been in the MTC for less than 5 days and I have already learned so many things. It is a great learning experience and I am very glad that I made the decision to serve a full time mission. Just so everybody knows I am only limited to 30 minutes a week for email while I am in the MTC, but there is a free service that is offered that is called dearelder.com. All you have to do to do that is to go to dearelder.com and make an account. Then all you need to have is my name, My mission code (AST-BRI) My departure date (0702) and my mailbox number which is #126. This is a free service and I will get the letter the same day if you submit it before noon. And make sure to be sending it to the Provo MTC. I leave in July 2nd so don't send me anything after that time. I have more time to write letters on my P-day then I do to do email, so using this service would be best for everyone. I am sorry if I don't email any of you back. It is because my time is very limited.

On Wed: I enter the MTC in the afternoon and was quickly taken through the process of getting all of the stuff I need. We then had a welcome fireside where all the missionaries that day all met together and talked to the MTC presidency. It was a very spiritual meeting and it was so cool to sing with all of the missionaries in one room. We then had our first teaching experience where we all went into different rooms where there were investigators. There were about 30 missionaries in the room teaching the investigator. This experience was great. It was so awesome seeing the investigators and seeing the spiritual progress we would make with them in only 45ish minutes. The spirit was so strong and I can't wait to be able to do it everyday of my life in the mission field.

On Thursday: This was the longest day of my life. It was also very spiritual. We basically had class all day and had different workshops. All of our days are planned our for us so 16 hours of our day is planned out for us and the only 8 we are sleeping. We also had opportunities to make up an investigator and then other missionaries taught us. The spirit is always so strong during all of these experiences. I love it here. The spirit is so strong everywhere you go. It is a really great feeling. Everyone who is 19 years old and eligible need to go on a mission. The spirit is so strong as a missionary. I have never felt the spirit stronger

Friday and Saturday were basically the same as Thursday

Sunday: we had church with our branch and other meetings all through the day. If you think 3 hours of church is bad imagine 15 hours of church stuff in one day. It was all really good and spiritual.

Monday: Today we went to the Temple and went through an endowment session in the Provo temple. It was a good experience and I cant wait to go again next week.

I am just about out of time. I do have a testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I know that I have been called of god to serve a mission and that I am going to Australia for a reason. My time is about up so I love and miss all of you and I hope you all have a great week. 

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson

Entering MTC