October 22,2012

Hello All,

This week hasn't been too exciting. But there was one really good thing that happened. We found out that there was a girl coming to church for 4 weeks and had been asking about the church and things to the Young Women Leaders. So the 4 weeks we were at church we thought she was a member who was visiting. So after 4 hard weeks of hard work and tracting and having to drop some of our investigators, we were able to start teaching this girl. And we set a baptismal date with her for the 3rd of November. I don't know if I will still be in the area, but there is a high chance that I am going to be transferred on the 2nd of November. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. The girls name is Braxton. (Braxton is a girls name in Australia) I thought it was kind of weird at first, but then I accepted the fact that it was a girls name. I really love it here in Raceview. I have been able to get lots of things done while I was here. But it seems like it is time for me to leave and have a new adventure.

Another miracle happened with my Recent Convert Sandy. She was going through a hard time and was trying to leave the church. She was saying that she wanted us to delete her phone number and never visit her again. Hearing this made me pretty sad and it made me want to do anything I could to bring her back and change her mind. So me and my companion did not give up with her. We kept calling her and visiting her. She let us in her house and she let us show her one of the Mormon message videos. And the one we showed her applied to what she was going through at the time. So she decided to not leave the church. She started coming back to church again. At a later appointment we taught about temples and we are trying our hardest to make it so she has the ability to get her limited use temple recommend and go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. She said she really wanted to go. And she started telling all her friends that she was going to go to the temple. So she is really excited for her chance to do that. She watched the conference talks and loved it. And everything is going really well with her again. It makes me happy to see that everything is going well with her again. It is crazy to see the growth of someone from the time we knock on their door, to the time they get baptized, to the time that they are going to go to the temple for the first time. In a year she is going to be able to be sealed to her family, and I hope that she makes it that far. That experience made my week really good!

As for the rest of the week. We did lots of tracting and lessons for potential investigators. We didn't have much success with that. We have a busy week this week. We only have 3 days to work because on Thursday we have a training all day. On Friday we have our temple trip that will take most the day and then the things we do to prep for transfers is next week, and transfers are also next week. So I'm keeping busy and I am really enjoying my time in the Australia Brisbane Mission. I miss you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson