October 2, 2012

Hello All,

The reason I am writing today instead of yesterday is because yesterday was the Queens Birthday, since it is a holiday the library was closed, so we had to wait another day to do our emails. My week was really good though. I received a new companion. His name is Elder Paia'aua. He is from New Zealand and is Samoan. His Samoan isn't the greatest though, so he won't be teaching me much more of it. It doesn't matter though. All the people we teach speak English anyways. So its all good. He is a really good companion. We get along really well, and are becoming really close friends. I get along with him a lot better than my last companion, so I am really excited for the next 5 or more weeks. We will just have to see what happens with next transfer. Anyways this week went alright. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we just went around the area having my new companion meet some of the members and our investigators and just helping him become familiar with the area and everything in the area. Then on Saturday we did a service project at the chapel. We whacked the bush weeds out of the grounds of the chapel. It took a couple of hours to do, but it was not too bad. Then on Saturday afternoon we went to a Joesph Smith Musical fireside and took one of our investigators. It was really good. It was people playing music and singing and telling the story of Joseph Smith. I really enjoyed it. Then that night we got a mini missionary. He is spending this week with us and he is pretty cool and we are having a good time with him. Then on Sunday we had church and taught some lessons. This week we are hoping to turn some of our potential investigators into progressing investigators. This next Sunday we have another baptism with another one of Sandy's kids which really exciting. She is really excited and I am really excited for her. I will make sure to send a picture of it next week with my email. Nothing too exciting happened this week, but we are hoping for some exciting things to happen this next week. I miss you all and I hope you all have a great week

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson