April 8, 2013

Hello All,
I have not been on a computer where I can send the photos of me at the zoo, but I will try and get those to you as soon as possible. You will see pictures of Elder Powelson and Kangaroos soon enough.
My week in the new area of Townsville West has gone really well. Elder Pickett has been a good short term companion. He is my 5th companion. Every one of my companions have been from a different country, so it is kind of cool. I wonder where my next companion is going to be from. I was told by the mission president that I will most likely be transferred back to the Brisbane area in 2 weeks. Missionaries only stay in North Queensland for 6 months so it will be my time to go. I love this area and it will be sad when I have to leave. The week has been good though
A less active member I had been working with since December finally came to church this Sunday and she said that she is going to keep coming back. She loved it. She has been less active for 20 years and she loved coming back to church. We found Cassandra tracting back in December and she told us that she was a member, but less active since she was a teenager. So it was exciting to see her at church! Its good to see that some of my hard worked payed off. 
We tracted for over 20 hours this week and we were able to get quite a few potential investigators. Good things are going to be happening in this area in the next month of so. Elder Pickett is excited to see what happens. We have been visiting less active members and part member families this week and we are hoping to progress with some of them soon. 
The week hasn't been too interesting, but I have loved it. I love being a missionary and helping people grow. I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Kyler Powelson