January 6, 2014

Hello All,

My week has been really good! I am really enjoying being in Helenvale! We are seeing a lot of success. To start the transfer off right we set a baptismal date with our investigator named Suzanne. She has been taught by missionaries for over a year, but has had some things holding her back, but those things are not holding her back anymore, and she is getting ready to be baptized on January 31st. I am really excited for it as well. We have been able to get some new investigators as well! We tracted into an older Lady by the name of Sue, and she is pretty sick and is looking for something in her life. We taught her about the Restoration and she feels that is what she needs in her life, so we are going to continue to teach her and see what happens. Elder Nelson has been out about a year on his mission and has been in the Gold Coast for his whole mission. His old area was the one just South of ours and we were walking down the street to visit a less active and he saw a Former Investigator family that he was teaching almost a year ago. They lost contact with them, and now he made contact with them again and we are hoping to set a baptismal date with them when we go around and see them tonight. Tracting has been really successful lately and we have been finding a lot of people who are interested, which is great! I am really looking forward to the new investigators we will get this week! The work is going well in Helensvale and I am really enjoying it here!

I have enjoyed my first week as a zone leader. There are 20 missionaries in the zone, 12 Elders and 8 Sisters. It is great having the opportunity to serve other missionaries too. Most missionaries just serve the people in the areas that they work with, but I am enjoying the opportunity to serve other missionaries and help motivate lift and inspire the missionaries in the Zone.

I love being a missionary and I am really looking forward to this next week and all the miracles that are going to happen. I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson
                Elder Kyler Powelson Sister and Brother Bohem
                             Jay Gutierrez Grandparents
                      (aka Jayne Gutierrez Mum and Dad)