May 12, 2014

Hello All,
 
We had one great miracle this week.  About 2-3 months ago we tracted into a part member family.  Kara is a member, but her husband Vae is not a member.  Initially Vae was the one who said that they needed to come back to church.  So we tried hard to meet with them regularly and it has been a struggle, but this last week we were able to teach a powerful lesson about the Book of Mormon, and Vae told us that he would be baptized if he gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  We committed him to read and pray about it.  We have a lesson with him this week and we are going to commit him for a date, because he will for sure receive an answer.  I am really hoping for this miracle at the end of my mission.  I want to come home on a high note, so I am putting a lot of faith so Vae can get baptized before I come home. 
 
 This week Elder Hamula from the First Quorum of the 70 is on a mission tour, so we get to receive training from him on Thursday, which we are really excited about! 
 
I have attached a few photos,  2 of them are from Tori and Troy Jackson's Baptism, and one of them is of Elder Grayson (The missionary I trained), and Elder San(The missionary Elder Grayson is now training).  For those who have served missions you know the lingo they use.  When you train you have a son, so now I have 1 son and a grandson according to that lingo.  It was exciting to see that a missionary I trained in training early on in his mission.  I only trained once, so it is pretty cool.  Being a zone leader is busy, but really good as well. 
 
I only have 5 weeks left, so I will be seeing some of you pretty soon here.  Have a great week!
 
Love 
Elder Kyler Powelson
Elder Grayson  Troy Jackson  Tori Jackson  Elder Powelson

                                     Jackson Family
Elder Niania   Elder Grayson   Elder Powelson