February 4, 2013

Hello all
 
This week was an alright week. Unfortunately lots of our lessons fell through and not much was able to get done. Some bad things happened but we also has something really good happen.

The sad thing that happened this week was when Pierson sent us a text saying he didn't want to meet with us anymore. We tried calling him. But he just started ignoring us when we tried to visit him. But his dad told us to go away. It's sad that it had to happen. But like I have said before. When one door closes. Many doors open. So now we are trying our hardest to find some of those open doors. After being on a mission i have learned to care about people more. It does stink when you put heaps of work in for someone and then all of a sudden they are gone. It makes me care a lot about the people i teach because I put all my time and effort into them. All I can do now is pray that he will find the gospel again later in his life. All the experiences I have had have helped me grow as a person. This one made me care more about the people i teach. The work is hard here. But I am trying my hardest to bring these people to baptism. I hope I can make it happen with so,e more of the people here in Townsville. I am trying my hardest to make this area flourish.
 
OK. Enough of the negative. There is some positive.
 
A few weeks ago a non member name Erin came to church with one of her friends. And what makes this crazy is that about 2 months ago we tracted into Erin. She refused us at the door. So we were surprised to see her at church. After we saw her at church we set an appointment to meet with her and we had a great lesson with her. She said that us knocking on her door was the first sign she received about our church and that many more signs came after that. So she decided to come to church. She had lots of questions for us in that lesson and we were able to answer all of them. We shared the plan of salvation lesson with her and she said that everything we said is what she believed as well. We went later in the lesson and committed her to baptism. She said yes and we hope we can go later this week and set a date with her. She is really busy all of a sudden though because she producing music for a famous guy from New Zealand names Peter t. So we hope we can meet with her in the midst of her business. I am glad we were able to start teaching her. I hope we can meet with her this week and help her progress towards baptism.

Melissa was sick all week so we weren't able to teach her. But we will this week.
We are also working with an in active family with hopes to reactivate them.
I miss you all and i hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson