January, 28, 2013

Hello All,
My week went really well especially because being a missionary is always a great thing!! Things have gone a little bit slow because of all the rain that we have gotten. If you look on the news and see the bad floods in Brisbane, don't worry because I am 1100 km away from Brisbane here in Townsville. It is just really hot here. It has been 40 degrees Celsius (100 degrees Fahrenheit) and humid. So basically I sweat all the time unless I am in Air Conditioning. So it is good our apartments have air conditioning. But besides all that the work is going great. We set another baptismal date this week and hopefully we will be able to set another one this week!
Before we get to my week lets talk about the pictures I attached. Yes, I am in the drivers seat of a city bus. and I may or may not be driving it. But the story is that the bus we got onto broke down and the bus driver got off the bus because we had to wait for another bus to arrive, but in the meantime we asked the bus driver if we could get pictures of us driving the bus, and he said yes. So basically I got one of the coolest pictures ever of me driving a city bus! be jealous.

Our first baptismal date that we set a few weeks ago was with Pierson. He is progressing really well, he wasn't able to make it to church because he had to go to a Cricket tournament. But the lesson we had was amazing. We decided to teach about the Tree of Life to help him understand that you can apply the stores in the book of Mormon to our everyday lives, but he told us that the more he meets with us the more he knows the things we share to be true. It is great to see that his testimony is growing. He will be ready to be baptized on Feb 23rd. It will be here soon and I am really excited for it. He will become a great member of the church!
On Wednesday we were able to teach one of the random people who came to church and her husband. The lesson was really good and we committed Melissa to be baptized on March 2nd. And Yes that is the 20th anniversary of my birth. So it will be a really good birthday for me! But by the two lessons we have had with her things are going really well. She is starting to gain a testimony and it is going to be great to see how much she will progress in the next month.
But that is definitely exciting news for this week.!
We have been teaching some other people, but they aren't progressing much. We will work with them and we hope that they will be progressing sometime soon.
Saturday was Australia day, so we weren't allowed to proselyte because of all the drunk people who were around. Any holiday in Australia is just another excuse for half the country to get drunk. 
That is all the exciting things that have happened to me this week. I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!!
 
Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson