June 4, 2013

Hello All,
My week was really good! Today was transfer meeting and I received a new companion. His name is Elder Lao and he is from Sacramento California. I was also called to my first leadership position. I have been called to be a District Leader! I am way excited! There are 4 companionship's in my District. It feels good to know that the mission president trusts me too! This is President Langland's last month and next month we will be getting a new mission president.
For the area this week was good. Leah moved, so she is going to be baptized in a different area, but it is great to know that she is going to get baptized! And when I was with Elder O'Connor we had another miracle. Since he was leaving we were going around saying his good byes to members and one of them worked at the coffee shop and we went to say bye to her. As we were talking to the member outside a guy from Taiwan walked by and he look at us with a very shocked face. It was weird to see how shocked we was to see us and then he yelled out "Are you the religious people?" "I want you to come visit me and teach me" Both of us were greatly surprised. Turns out he had family and friends in Taiwan who had joined the church. We have an appointment with him on Thursday and I am pretty excited to see what happens.
Besides that it was a pretty slow week. We tracted heaps. Hopefully we will be able to set a date with the Taiwan guy. I am excited to see how everything goes with him. I love being a missionary! I know the church is true and I love you all. I miss you all, and I hope you all have a great week!

Love
Elder Kyler Powelson