June 11, 2013

Hello All,
My week was pretty good. We did a lot of tracting. And we did find a few potentials. We were tracting a street and we ran into an in active member who said that she was praying for an excuse to come back to church, and she said that us knocking on her door was a big enough excuse for her to come back to church. She is living with a partner who is not a member, and he is open to have us teach him and come around. We are hoping that we will be able to have them get married eventually to where he can be baptized as well and so they can have a chance at becoming an eternal family. I was happy to be able to knock on their door and have an opportunity to teach them. 
We got a media referral as well this week, to a family. We set an appointment to teach them this week and it will be great if things go well. It is always great teaching families because you can help them see the eternal aspect of it, and make them want to join the church as a family. I am really looking forward to teaching them!
We had our zone meeting yesterday where I gave my first training as a newly assigned leader and it went really well. It was a great experience because I know for a fact that the Spirit put words into my mouth that I never even planned to say, and it was great because one of the sister missionaries in the Zone came up to me afterwards and she said that some of the things I said touched her and made her want to become a better missionary. I love being a missionary and doing these things because I have never felt the influence of the Holy Ghost as strong as I have as a missionary than I have in my entire life. I love receiving revelation. I know that I am an inspired servant of God as a missionary. I hit my year mark this week, I know that the 2nd half of my mission is going to go by really fast and I am going to try my hardest to enjoy my mission because I know I am going to miss it greatly when I am done. My testimony has been strengthened so much as a missionary and to anyone that reads this who is thinking about going on a mission, Do it. You will never regret it, You feel Gods Influence stronger than ever, and you come to know without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on the earth today along with helping others receive the same testimony. I know with no doubt that this is the true church and that missionary work is the work that needs to come forth in these last days. The blessings are great! It brings me great joy and I love it!
I love being a missionary, there is no greater work. I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Kyler Powelson