August 13, 2013

Hello All,
My week was really good this week! The best thing that happened this week was when we taught Alex. 2 weeks ago Alex showed up at church, and we started to teach him. He wants to be baptized and he is going to be baptized on the 7th of September. It is a very exciting time. It was definitely a miracle finding him. After our first lesson with him he quit smoking and he keeps changing more and more every day. The gospel has made him happy. The first day I met him he was not smiling and he was not satisfied with his life. In just the week we have been teaching him he is way more happy and knows that the gospel is making him happy and changing his life! The greatest thing about being on a mission is being able to watch the gospel change peoples lives. He is happy and he will be baptized, we just have to finish teaching him everything. It is a major miracle and it has strengthened me in so many ways. I have a strong testimony in fasting and prayer and watching the miracles happen! It is so great!
Elder Pearson a member of the Pacific Area Presidency came and visited us yesterday and I was able to learn so much from him. He is really good and I definitely heard things I needed to and the spirit was also helping me know how I can improve as a missionary. 
We also starting teaching this man named Shane who is a friend of one of the members. We shared the Restoration with him and he thinks that it makes sense and he said that he would read and pray about the book of Mormon before we could even commit him to do so. It was great. We are going to teach him again this week and hopefully everything will go well!
I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson