August 7, 2013

Hello All,
Before Sunday this last week was really rough, not gonna lie, almost all the investigators we had weren't interested anymore and our tracting and other finding had no fruits, but this hard week led us to have 2 miracles on Sunday!!
I have gained a strong testimony of fasting! On Saturday night as I was thinking about what to fast for and I asked for 2 specific things. I asked that a non member would come to church, so we could teach them, and then I also prayed that we would find someone to baptize on the 24th of August. And Both of those things happened!!!!!
Soon after we arrived at church a man named Alex showed up at church and said he was interested in learning about the gospel. This made me way excited!!! He stayed at church for the 3 hours and he loved it. He told us that he felt the spirit and that he felt that this was what he needed in his life. We taught him a lesson on Monday and the spirit was way strong as we taught him about the Atonement of Christ and how he can be forgiven of all the things he had done in his past. He loved it and we have another lesson with him tomorrow
The second miracle was when we saw a former investigator who has investigated the church for 2 years show up to church with her husband who is a member. We saw them and after church we decided to go to their house for a visit and as we talked to them Tia said that she really wanted to be baptized and the only thing she is waiting for is for her husband to become worthy enough to baptize her, he committed to talk to the bishop and we set a baptismal date for the 24th of August!
I was really happy closing my fast that day and I continue to hope and pray that everything goes well with them.
Yesterday night we took one of our YSA's our to a lesson with us, and the person we were going to see cancelled the lesson, so we went and visited someone he knew who might be interested in the gospel. To our surprise, Shane let us in and we taught him the Restoration. He started to cry during the first vision and he asked us if he could have a Book of Mormon, and he told us he would read and pray about it before we could even commit him to do so. It was GREAT!! We are going to teach him again on Saturday!
Today we got to go to the temple, and it was great as it always is!!!
I love being a missionary! Things are really starting to pick up and I am really excited to see what is going to be happening in the next couple of weeks. I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson