December 17, 2013

Hello All,

Time flies by really fast. I come home in exactly 6 months from today. I can’t believe how fast these 18 months have been. We went to the temple today and it was great! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas with the extreme heat and humidity. I won’t be seeing much snow this year. It is very interesting having Christmas and it being this hot. It is sad that Australians don’t really know what a real Christmas looks like.

Anyway, this week was pretty good! We started teaching Christopher with his wife as well now. They are reading the Book of Mormon together and things are going well we are hoping to commit them to baptism this week before the Christmas season.
Most of our work lately has been working with the fewer inactives in the ward. Nephi is progressing really well. He has started reading the scriptures and praying on a regular basis and he is seeing the difference it makes in his life. He said, "It keeps me G'ed up with the spirit I feel on Sunday" So it makes him feel good and feel the spirit. He really wants his wife to believe, but right now she is an atheist, but we taught that if he continues to life righteously, she will see the difference the gospel makes in his life, and will want to make that change as well. It may take time, but it will happen. He is really good. Helping him come back to the church makes me feel just as good as baptizing someone because he is making a lot of the same changes a convert would in order to come into the church. It has definitely been a testimony builder!
The mission is having a mission Christmas party on Christmas Eve, and I am looking forward to it because I will get to see many missionaries I haven’t seen in a while. There will be about 240 missionaries there. About 20 missionaries will miss out since they are in Northern Queensland like I was last year, so this will be my first and last Christmas party as a missionary.
I can’t wait to talk to my family on Christmas. I love being a missionary and I hope you all have a great week!

Love
Elder Kyler Powelson