November 6, 2013

Hello All,
We went to the temple this morning and it was great! I love going to the temple. So many of my prayers get answered. I received so much revelation! It was great! 
This week was pretty good! We were not able to meet with many of our investigators this week unfortunately, so we did heaps of finding! I never thought I could get such big calluses on my knuckles from knocking on doors. The ward isn't too keen on helping with missionary work, so we have had to do lots of finding. We still meet with Reza, but it is hard to teach him because he doesn't understand anything, so we decided to start teaching him a bit of English, and then when he can understand us, we will teach him a bit more.
Most of the success we have been having is from reactivating less active members. I don't know if I have talked about them before, but we have been working a lot with a couple named Vera and Sefo. They just started coming back to church and are planning on getting married in January. They are the best! They are also fellowshipping and finding more less active members for us to teach. Two doors down from where they live, they found a less active lady and her kids who weren't on the record, but want to come back to church. Her name is Jazz. We have been teaching her, and she will be coming back to church next week!

We have also been working with part-member families. We are just trying to build their trust, because a lot of the time you have to have their trust before the non member will listen to the message. A couple we are working with are Tania and Andrew. They have started coming back to church. Andrew has been taught by missionaries for 2 years, but has never committed to anything. So I decided to teach him a lesson about receiving an answer from the Holy Ghost. For 2 years no one ever taught him how to feel the holy ghost. We committed him to Read and Pray about the Book of Mormon. He said if he got an answer, then he would be baptized. Which is great! He has been busy with University study, but we are hoping to meet with him this week to set a date! 

I love being a missionary. I know that there is no better work than missionary work. You don't have to be a missionary to do missionary work. Member missionary work is the most effective type of missionary work. Members are the finders, and Missionaries are the teachers. That is the ideal situation anyway. If a non member is taught in a members home the conversion rate goes up to 80 percent. So I challenge you all to follow the counsel given to us by Apostles of God at this last General Conference, and pray for opportunities to share the gospel with you friends. It is time for the work of the Lord to Hasten.

I Love you all and I miss you and I hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Kyler Powelson