December 9, 2013

Hello All,
 This week was great! In the 2 months I have been in Kenmore we found our first solid investigator! It feels great! His name is Christopher and he is from Fiji. I found him last week when I was on a trade off with one of the zone leaders Elder Ladd, and we had just finished seeing a less active member and as we were walking back to the car I felt like going and talking to him. He told us to come back the following week and we did. I was with one of the YSA in the ward on splits and we taught him about the Restoration. He had many questions and he told us that no other religious person he had talked to had been able to answer his questions, and that we answered them all and he liked the answers we gave him. He told us he would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We are going to meet with him again on Wednesday and I am really looking forward to it!

We did some finding and we were able to teach 15 lessons to less active members which is a lot. We are hoping that some of them will be wanting to come back to church here pretty soon!

Now for a funny story. I went on tradeoffs with another missionary in my district, Elder Farr. and we went to go teach one of their investigators who is on date for January. We had the lesson outside in their yard, and as we were about to start this man came into the yard and started talking to us. A lot of people in Australia drink a lot of Alcohol (Australia has the 2nd most Alcohol consumption in the world per capita) so we come across quite a few people who have been drinking especially on the weekends. So this guy who had some drinks came and talked to us. He grabbed Elder Farrs hand to shake it and held onto it for the whole conversation. He commented that Elder Farr looked nice and he guessed his age that he was 19, and he was right. He then looked at me and said "Well, You look like you are about...............Fat... and you have a lot of pimples. I have this cream that God gave me and you put it on like this.. (He is rubbing his hands all over his head in a very aggressive manner) Praise the Lord!!" Then he walks off. It was pretty funny. It’s kind of one of those things where you had to be there for it. The lesson was then very spiritual and I really enjoyed seeing the way other missionaries do things.

My week was great and I am really looking forward to this next week. I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!


Love
Elder Kyler Powelson