November 19, 2013

Hello All,
This week was pretty uneventful as far as missionary work goes. Every lesson cancelled or they weren't home when we went by. It was the last week of the transfer, and I am going to be staying as the District Leader and I am going to stay with Elder Kumar. It should be good. I'm learning a lot, even though we have been going through some struggles. But the best new ever. The miracle I talked about last week with that guy named Nephi, He came to Church! It was great. He was talking about how he has been living the worldly life for too long and that it was time for him to come back to church and become active again after being away for over 10 years. He has a 5 year old daughter and his partner is not a member. She isn't too interested, but another family that has recently come back to church knows her, so we are going to have her work with them, and hopefully we can start working with him and his family! It was a great accomplishment after not having very much success at all. He is a great man, and I am looking forward to working with him some more!

We also had a Zone Conference which was awesome! President Henderson talked a lot about making the Book of Mormon the Keystone of our mission. He put a challenge out to read the whole book of Mormon in 2 transfers (3 months) and highlight in a fresh Book of Mormon any word, phrase or anything that talks about Jesus Christ. As I have been doing so I didn't realize how much the book of Mormon talks about our Savior. As it should because the True church of Jesus Christ should be centered around Jesus Christ! It was a really good day of training and I learned a lot of things. I also got to see Elder Grayson (the missionary I trained) He is doing really well, and it was great to see him because I miss him heaps.

I love being a missionary. There are struggles, but I love them because they will only make me stronger. I miss you all and I hope you all have a great week!

Love
Elder Kyler Powelson