October 14, 2013

Hello All,
After my unexpected transfer it has been pretty good to be put into the Kenmore 1 area. It hasn't seen any success in a while, so it will be a nice challenge. It seems like there is a pattern to when I get transferred from areas. From my other areas I got transferred right after I had some people lined up for baptism. We had 2 people lined up for baptism in Redcliffe and then I get transferred to an area where people need to be found. I guess some are called to plant seeds, some are called the nurture the seeds, and some are called to harvest the seeds. I don't know why they ended the training with Elder Grayson, but I guess the Kenmore district needed me. I will most likely train again on my mission. There have been many challenges so far this week. 
We are teaching this boy named TJ, who really wants to be baptized, but his Dad isn't a member and we have to get his Dad's permission to baptize him, so we are hoping and praying that his Dad's heart will be softened and let him be baptized. It should be good!
We also taught this guy from Iran It name sounds like Farrad (I don't know how to spell it), but he was baptized in Adelaide, but he moved away before he could receive the Holy Ghost, so we will most likely have to re baptize him, but the only problem is he is strongly against being rebaptized, so we will have to solve that concern. I don't know why the missionaries in Adelaide told him it was alright for him to move without receiving the Holy Ghost. We will have to work with what we have though. 
We also tracted heaps and watched General Conference. Which was really great! The goal is to make the Missionaries and the Members in alignment, so that the work can progress because it is time for hastening the work of Salvation. It is the members job to find and the missionaries job to teach, so continue to pray for opportunities to share the gospel with you friends. I miss you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson