October 21, 2013

Hello All!
I am doing really well and I learned so many lessons this week! The Kenmore Area was dead before I came to the area, and the Zone Leaders challenged me to get 32 hours proselyting with lessons and finding hours. It is a hard feat, but I knew if I got it then the Lord would bless us and the work would progress. We ended up getting 34 hours proselyting and the miracles followed. We are leading the Brisbane zone for the number of hours proselyting and we lead the mission this week in the number of people contacted. We talked to 506 people this week, and it was more than any other area in the mission. 

Now for one of the big miracles this week. On Saturday we were leaving our flat to go street contacting, and I saw this islander sitting on a bench, so I decided to go sit next to him and talk with him. He was happy to see us. He said he was just praying for someone to talk to because he was going through a lot of trials at that time in his life. He told us all the drama he was going through, and so we shared a message with him about faith and how trials are a test of our faith. We shared Ether 12:6 with him, we gave him a Book of Mormon and set a return appointment for Tuesday. After talking with him for about an hour he said he felt so much better, and is really looking forward to seeing us on Tuesday. His name is Chris and I am really looking forward to teaching him.
We also contacted this guy named Reza from Iran and he didn't speak very well English, but he wants to know more about Jesus Christ and we are going to give him Arabic Pamphlet and Book of Mormon to teach him. It should be a good experience trying to teach him through a different language, but I am looking forward to it!

With our 23 hours of finding we also found 6 potential investigators. The work is going good! I love being a missionary and I hope you all have a great week!]

Love,
Elder Kyler Powelson